Friday, January 05, 2007

Dignity


Another post about Dignity, since it has generated some discussion.

Dignity is not actually a Right. I believe the goal of every Government is to protect and develop the Dignity of its citizens. It is too strong to speak about the Right to Dignity, too abstract, not pragmatic enough.

I understand Dignity as the funding element of Constitutions and Human Rights. It is the first Principle in any legal system. It is a source of Law, I mean, at the level of Common Good. A State needs to be solidly build over a strong basement, and many fundamental texts propose Human Dignity.

It is not possible to say that a particular Goverment allows undignifying practices as they motivate (or scare) others. I cant really understand the "Right to Fail", unless there is something hidden to me in this expression.

The picture shows the three Wise Kings coming from Middle East with a bicycle for Matthew. La foto es del abuelo.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Just as a side point I want to mention that I have not forgotten about, or am ignoring this post. I am thinking about how best to answer it in a concise way. That's proving rather difficult...

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home